Built in 1971, the fieldhouse was named in honor of Arthur J. McComb, who joined the faculty and staff as football coach in 1946. When the legendary Sox Harrison retired in 1953, he added several other sports to his coaching responsibilities and continued to coach until his retirement in 1962. The main campus gymnasium, offices of the athletic director, coaches of Edinboro's 17 sports programs are located there, as well as the University's sports information office. McComb Fieldhouse houses a championship-caliber basketball court, meet-sized swimming pool, wrestling area, and several health and physical education department classrooms. The Edinboro Fighting Scots men's and women's basketball, volleyball and wrestling teams all call McComb Fieldhouse home.
Numerous changes took place during the summer of 2007. One of the projects completed was the resurfacing of the gymnasium floor. It now has a bright new look to it, with a large "E" at the centercourt, flanked by EDINBORO on each side, and FIGHTING SCOTS on the baseline. In the winter of 2009, new lighting was installed to brighten up the gymnasium.
McComb Fieldhouse is also home to full workout facilities to better serve the health of Edinboro student athletes. Also inside McComb Fieldhouse are Edinboro's athletic training facilities and sports medicine staff.